Sunday, November 23, 2014

Commissioned Scrolls

I've done quite a few commissioned scrolls since last posting so I thought I would fill you all in! This will just be an overview post, I'll go into some details about the making of some of these in later posts. Again these are all from period manuscripts, mostly found on online library archives.
I think this was my second puzzle letter scroll. I really started to fall in love with the itty bitty details.

I love the way this one looks, but it caused me much artistic trauma. More on this one later.

This was a Court Baroncy scroll. I decided to try the two page look. I loved the intricacy of the border, though it was a lot more work than I thought it would be. I'll have more on this one as well.


This was an AOA that I really wanted to focus on the heraldry for. I like all the different ways that heraldry is jazzed up in period manuscripts.

This is another grotesque style award that has gone out. It is a mashup of different elements from the Maastricht Hours.

I tried to do some very intricate leaves here.

I had been sitting on a the inspiration for this on my Pinterest for a while before I found the right scroll to make it for. I have progress pictures for this one as well.

I got to make this one right under Will Parris's nose! In the guise of an Ice Dragon entry. I added the heraldry while he was away at the army. This one is actually on parchment. 

Another puzzle letter :) I got really excited to make up what was in the middle of the 'P' so I did a white hart for the White Hart A&S Tourney winner scroll.

This is the scroll I made for the Iron Scribe competition, done in 3 hours and donated to the Bog as a blank at the end of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment